Wendy’s Frosty Food HackJune 5, 2020
Among all the fast food contenders here in Manila, not one of the big chains has a dessert item that competes with Wendy’s iconic Frosty. The only problem is that their branches are not as abundant and conveniently scattered as a McDonald’s or Jollibee, and considering the absurd road and transport conditions in the metro recently, a mid-afternoon Frosty fix might involve a journey through a considerable amount of traffic.
So we figured, why not just whip it up in the comfort of your own home? Save yourself the hassle, and make a delicious, thick chocolate Frosty at home. Have it as a dessert, as a midnight snack… or as a dip for your fries? (It’s actually a real thing that people do!!)
Wendy’s Frosty Food Hack
Total Time: 30 minutes (plus overnight)
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate syrup
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the condensed and carefully fold it into the whipped cream.
- Add the chocolate syrup and fold until well combined.
- Place the mixture in a large container and freeze overnight.
- The next day, remove mixture from freezer, and stir until the mixture loosens and begins to melt, resembling soft serve.
- Serve in bowls or glasses.