Watch Now: We Hack Cibo’s Spinaci Zola DipNovember 26, 2016
Article and recipe originally published on August 16, 2013. We’re republishing this post because we added a video.
“You can’t go wrong with Cibo.” I don’t even know how many times I’ve heard that line, and for good reason. Cibo is widely regarded as one of the more popular go-to places for anybody in search of a quick Italian fix. They’ve been serving rich and hearty food for more than 15 years, long enough to develop a cult following composed of families, yuppies, and everyone else in between.
We’ve hacked Cibo’s Penne Al Telefono in the past, but we couldn’t just stop there. We’ve recreated one of their more famous appetizers: the Spinaci Zola Dip.
Food Hack: Cibo Spinaci Zola Dip
Yield: 2 ramekins
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup blanched spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp cane vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- extra grated mozzarella, for garnish
- crostini chips
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium fire.
- Melt the butter and sauté the spinach until it wilts.
- Add the cream and water. Boil for two minutes.
- Add the Gorgonzola and Mozzarella cheeses, stir until melted.
- Season with cane vinegar, garlic powder, and salt.
- Turn off the fire, and transfer the spinach mixture to a food processor.
- Blend the spinach until it becomes paste-like in consistency, this takes around 1–2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into two ramekins, and top with more grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven under the broiler for 5–7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve with crostini chips on the side.