When Chocolate Milk Just Won’t Cut It: Vanilla-Cinnamon MilkSeptember 6, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
If you’re getting bored with your mundane carton of milk, here’s a recipe that’ll make daily calcium intake significantly enjoyable.
And no, we’re not talking about hot chocolate or chocolate milk. Nor are we talking about mixing milk with grocery-bought flavored syrup.
This Vanilla-Cinnamon Milk is a foolproof recipe that’s best consumed warm before hitting the sack. The flowery aroma of the vanilla and the fragrant cinnamon scent will wrap you in a dreamy, sugary haze. All that’s missing is a lullaby (or bedtime story).
Total Time: 15 minutes / Yield: 3 cups
- 3 1/2 cups full-cream milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 tbsp high fructose syrup
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until the sides start to bubble.
- Slice open the vanilla bean in half and using the opposite side of the knife (or a butter knife), scoop out the seeds.
- Add the vanilla seeds, vanilla extract, and fructose syrup, then stir.
- After a minute, add a small pinch of sea salt; adjust according to preference or taste.
- Turn off the heat, remove saucepan from the stove and allow the milk to cool a bit.
- Serve with dusted cinnamon on top.