Keep This UAAP-Inspired Chips and Dip Beside You for Those Very Stressful Game DaysFebruary 4, 2020
It’s UAAP Season once again, that time of the year when siblings who graduated from rival universities turn from best buds to sworn enemies. It’s during this season when your dad calls all your ninongs (and sometimes, even ninangs) over just to reminisce about those sacred and ‘innocent’ college days, and maybe talk shit about your titos (and titas) who graduated from that “school in Taft” or “that school in Katipunan”.
I remember attending a few games during my university years, partly because my crush was going to be there, and partly because my Theology professor cancelled his Friday quizzes if our school won or if he was in a good mood because it was a good game. And yeah, you know, school spirit and all that.
Today’s recipe is an attempt to bring peace to university folk who want to murder each other especially during this heated season. We threw in some red salsa, yellow cheese, white (no reason but to mellow out the color scheme), we’ve got some green onions in there, and topped it off with some blue—well, it looks purple—potato chip crumble. We think it might be the best way for that Atenean dad and his La Sallian son to enjoy a freaking basketball show together without having to trash talk or get on each other’s nerves. At the end of the day, food is meant to be shared (and not thrown at each other for reasons that involve sour graping and such).
UAAP Game Day Chips & Dip
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings, estimated
- assorted chips, for dipping
- 6-8″ round container
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 cup cheese dip, store-bought
- 1 cup salsa, store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed blue potato chips, store-bought
- Spread refried black beans on bottom of container.
- Top with cheese dip, then salsa, then shredded cabbage, then spring onions, then spread cream cheese on top.
- Finish off the dip with crushed blue potato chips.
- Serve with assorted chips on the side.