How to Eat a Burger with a Straw: Triple Cheese Baconator DipSeptember 6, 2018
- Raymond CastilloWords
Remember when those chocolate fondue machines were a big novelty? The mere sight of one made any occasion exciting, and everyone got a kick out of coating everything in chocolate.
As for unplanned gatherings, nothing beats serving a dip. Just make one big batch, serve it with any kind of finger food on hand (better if it’s something salty and processed), and you’ve got yourself an instant party.
This recipe combines elements of Wendy’s famous Baconator with three types of cheese. The result is a ridiculously rich, beefy, and greasy mixture that your guests will absolutely love digging into.
But be warned. Once you get your first taste of this dip, you might never use that bottled salsa or canned melted cheese again. After all, why go for those when you’ve got something that will make everything taste just like a Baconator?
Triple Cheese Baconator Dip
Total Time: 30 minutes / Yield: 1 large bowl
- 1/2 pound grated American cheese
- 1/2 pound grated Cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 12 bacon strips, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, roughly diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs, toasted
- Combine the American and Cheddar cheeses together with the cornstarch in a large mixing bowl, until the cheeses are uniformly coated. Set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium to high heat until brown, about 5-8 minutes, and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until crisp (about 10 minutes), and set aside. Drain most of the bacon fat, and place the pan back on the stove.
- Add the onion and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until it turns translucent but not brown.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cooked ground beef, cheese and cornstarch mixture, cream cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and ketchup, stirring constantly until everything is combined and the cheeses are melted.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and top with bacon bits and toasted breadcrumbs.
- Serve hot.