- 250g uncooked De Cecco spaghettini (cook according to directions on pack)
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup cooking cream (we used Elle & Vire)
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more
- 1/4 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- parsley, for garnish
- salt, to taste
To Those Who’ve Asked for It, We’ve Finally Hacked Mamou’s Lorenzo Truffle Cream PastaNovember 27, 2019
This food hack was originally posted on September 5, 2014, but was re-published with a video.
We are not surprised why a lot of readers requested for this hack.
Mamou has built itself a long-standing reputation for consistently serving great food that delivers with integrity. It’s one of the safer dining destinations that hardly disappoints– save for the consistently inconsistent slab of steak. But apart from that, it’s all good.
Another constant staple at Mamou is their Lorenzo Truffle Cream Pasta. A well-loved dish that is almost always present in every diner’s table, this is one plate of pasta that has made eyeballs roll with ecstasy, causing every idea of some absurd diet to disappear at the sight (and scent!) of this dish.
For a cream-based pasta, it doesn’t get cloying unlike other versions such as carbonara. Flavored with a few simple ingredients and prepared with minimal fuss, a dash of salt and a generous sprinkle of Parmesan are all you need to get this dish going from the pan to the plate.
Mamou Lorenzo Truffle Cream Pasta
- Serves: 3-4 people
- Active time: 25 mins
- Total time: 25 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Melt the butter and add cooking cream.
- Add in truffle oil and season with salt and chicken bouillon.
- Once cream is simmering, toss in the cooked spaghettini and then season to taste.
- Transfer to plate and sprinkle over grated parmesan.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.