An Irresistible Recipe You’d Love to Make Out With: The Classic Sloppy JoeJuly 16, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
When we say “Sloppy Joes”, either one of two things come to mind: America or a throng of gross male kissers. And though its name alludes to a slobbery kissing mess, this is the kind of sloppiness I would eagerly welcome anytime, anywhere. That’s right, we’ve recreated this All-American Classic using some of Bebo’s leftover chili, thin sukiyaki cuts, and a generous helping of sour cream.
Though the original recipe calls for something on the sweet side, a.k.a. ketchup, we juggled the flavors of the spice-filled chili and the tangy sour cream. The sukiyaki strips add a beefy touch, preparing your mouth for a foodgasm in the next two to three seconds.
This meatzilla of a sandwich sensation is all kinds of delicious feelings smooched together in one bite. It’s hard to let go of, and you’ll just want to press it to your lips over and over and over again. And oh, don’t forget the chips! This is one sloppy experience you will definitely enjoy and crave for. Trust me, you will.
Sloppy Joe Baguette
Total Time: 20 minutes / Yield: 1 baguette
- 3/4 cup Sukiyaki Beef Belly
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup chili con carne (we used Bebo’s leftover chili for this recipe)
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- 6” Baguette
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil on high flame and quickly stir fry beef until cooked, for about 1- 2 minutes.
- Turn off fire.
- Heat baguette and slice in half.
- Fill with warm chili con carne, top with beef, and drizzle with sour cream.