This KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut Terrine Makes for an Indulgent Dessert BreakMay 15, 2020
When it comes to sweet treats, anything filled with hazelnut just seems so luxurious. From crepes filled with hazelnut spread, to entremets with hazelnut mousse, the combination of chocolate and hazelnut make for a refined pair. The KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut is the ultimate indulgent chocolate bar; the addition of creamy hazelnut makes this an adult version of a childhood favorite.
We’ve turned this confection into a grown-up terrine, that would be the perfect dessert for anyone who likes their sweets a little more turned up than usual. Using the KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut as a base, the layers include a hazelnut and chocolate mousse, Chantilly cream, and your preferred nut of choice for more texture and flavor. This definitely turns your KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut into a refined experience, with all the sophisticated layers and components.
KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut Terrine
Total Time: 1.5 hours (plus chill time)
Yield: 12-15 servings, estimated
- 5 to 6 bars KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream (divided into 2)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts (can be substituted with peanuts)
- Line a loaf pan with KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler and add Nutella until combined and smooth. Set aside to cool, about 80 degrees.
- While mixture is cooling, whip half of the cream into soft peaks.
- Take the cooled chocolate mixture and fold into the cream to make the chocolate mousse.
- Pour the mousse over the KIT KAT® Chunky Hazelnut and allow to set in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While mousse is chilling, whip the rest of the cream into stiff peaks.
- Place whipped cream over the mousse and top with nuts.
- Let the dessert set in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove terrine from pan and slice.