Tequila Prawns in Buffalo Sauce: Drunken Seafood Never Tasted This GoodSeptember 14, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
Tequila Prawns? Well, why the hell not?
If you aren’t that sold on the idea, or are rather iffy on using strong liquor on such delicate seafood, worry not because this dish won’t leave you in a drunken stupor.
These prawns have been marinated in a shot of tequila and accompanied by a hefty spritz of lime juice. And to spice things up, we concocted a fiery, buttery buffalo sauce that will not only enhance the flavor of the shrimp, but will make you want it even more.
I know that when cooking with alcohol, you should always save a sip of beer for the chef, for example. But in this case, you don’t want to mess with tequila and your taste buds. Save the drinking for later and eat this dish completely sober. You’ll be so glad you did.
Tequila Prawns in Buffalo Sauce
Total Time: 20 minutes / Yield: 3 servings
Ingredients for the Tequila Prawns
- 200 g peeled prawns, tail still intact (about 18 pcs)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 shot tequila
- Freshly ground pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Ingredients for the Buffalo Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp hot pepper sauce (we used Frank’s)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Clean peeled prawns well and pat dry.
- Put prawns in a bowl and marinate in salt, pepper, paprika, tequila, and lime for 5 minutes.
- While the prawns are marinating, prepare buffalo sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add in hot pepper sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off fire and squeeze in the lime juice. Set aside buffalo sauce.
- In a pan, heat olive oil on medium flame. Pan fry prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the color changes and they are cooked through.
- Turn off fire and toss in buffalo sauce and parsley.
- Transfer to cups and serve.