Stuffed Potatoes with Pork and Beans: Glammed-up SpudsMay 24, 2019
Another recipe developed by Ms. Sabrina Artadi are these Stuffed Potatoes with Pork and Beans. It’s a hearty carbo-loaded dish that’s perfect for brunch before a long and tiring day at work. It’s also great as a filling party snack or as a side to go along with a meatier entrée like ribs or steak.
The potato is such a versatile ingredient. Though it’s sufficiently satisfying with just a pat of butter and a sprinkle of salt, it doesn’t hurt to glam it up a bit sometimes. These stuffed spuds are loaded with parsley, bacon, as well as pork and beans. It’s a cinch to prepare but also a lot of fun to eat.
Potato Pockets / Stuffed Potatoes with Pork and Beans
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings, estimated
- 4-5 large potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 can pork and beans
- McCormick thyme
- McCormick rosemary
- McCormick tarragon
- bacon, for garnish
- chives or parsley, chopped
- Remove the insides of 4 to 5 potatoes, leaving a pocket in the middle for the stuffing.
- Mix one can of pork and beans with a dash of McCormick Thyme, Rosemary, and Tarragon. Pour the mixture into the potato pockets and top each with some bacon.
- Place the potato pockets in the microwave for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. The time will vary depending on thickness and size of potato.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped chives or parsley.