Stuff Some Portobellos with Veggies and Top with Creamy Spinach Bechamel for a Hefty Holiday MealDecember 7, 2019
Christmas parties and holiday reunions are when everyone brings out their best recommendations or gets the chance to show off their skills in the kitchen. It’s not enough to bring staples like chicken and beef; everyone loves a little variety, which is why we’re introducing this decadently cheesy recipe that will get even the youngest of the family to eat vegetables. Portobello mushrooms are one of the best vegetables to work with, not only for their large size but also for their texture, and the fact that it’s just as filling as meat.
In today’s recipe, the addition of NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream completes the silkiness of the béchamel with the spinach and cheese. The béchamel itself only requires a few minutes of your time and the cooking less than ten minutes. If you’ve got relatives coming over for a surprise visit, then you can easily serve a batch of these and still leave them floored by your taste for food.
Stuffed Portobello with Creamy Spinach Béchamel
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients: Stuffed Portobello
- 6 caps portobello mushroom
- 1/4 grated cheese of choice (mozzarella, quick-melt, etc.)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 pc white onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 pack NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream 250ml
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup spinach, blanched and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated edam cheese
- ground black pepper
Procedure: Creamy Stuffed Portobello with Spinach Béchamel
- Remove stems of the mushroom and arrange caps on a baking tray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in pan and sauté garlic and onion. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream and whisk well. Season with nutmeg, salt, and black pepper.
- Add in chopped spinach and grated cheese. Wait for it to boil and then turn off the fire.
- Fill mushroom caps.Top with grated cheese and bake in 400° Fahrenheit oven for 7-9 minutes until the top is light brown. Serve immediately.