These Umami-Packed Sticky Knorr Chicken Wings are Sure to Knock Your Socks OffDecember 10, 2014
Growing up, Knorr Liquid Seasoning was a must-have condiment on the dining table. My mum would scold me whenever I’d refuse to pile my plate with vegetables, so I would shake a bottle of Knorr on top of my rice, each dark-brown droplet packed with intense umami flavor, and have that straight up for dinner. Admit it, you did (and still do) it, too.
This easy recipe for Sticky Knorr Chicken Wings is an ode to one of our favorite finger foods with an added punch thanks to Knorr Liquid Seasoning. After the chicken wings have been breaded and fried, they are glazed with honey, garlic, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and Knorr Liquid Seasoning.
These sticky wings taste tangy, salty, and sweet. Heavily laden with so much umami flavor, the best description for these wings are that they are immensely addicting—they’ll vanish pretty quickly.
Sticky Knorr Chicken Wings
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients: Chicken Wings
- 1 kg chicken wings, cleaned well
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pc beaten egg
- oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Procedure: Sticky Knorr Chicken Wings
- Marinate chicken wings in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and beaten egg.
- Prepare glaze by boiling together Knorr Liquid Seasoning, balsamic vinegar, sugar, honey, and crushed garlic.
- Cook until syrupy. This will take about 15 minutes. While waiting for this, you can start frying the chicken.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture.
- Deep fry in 375° Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes depending on the size of the chicken wings. Drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Once sauce is done, dip fried chicken wings in glaze and let the excess sauce drip. Once sauce cools down to room temperature, it will become stickier.
- Serve warm.