Spicy Mango Ginger SauceJuly 20, 2016
This recipe originally appeared in Tablecrafter, the world’s easiest way to learn food photography and styling.
With a spoonful of this sauce, you’ll be able to taste the sweet, fruity mango and a spicy kick from the bird’s eye chili. The thick chutney-like consistency pairs nicely alongside an entrée. This versatile sauce can also be served as a salad dressing with just a bit of vinegar and oil; or add some curry and chopped onions for a savory alternative that goes well with grilled beef or pork.
Spicy Mango Ginger Sauce
Yield: 1 cup, estimated
Time: 40 mins (10 mins prep / 30 mins cooking)
- 1½ cups mango, peeled and diced
- 3 pcs bird’s eye chili, deseeded and minced
- 3 slices ginger
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the flame once the mangoes have thickened and most of the liquid have evaporated, about 30 minutes.
- Store in sterilized jars. The mixture will keep for a month in the refrigerator.