Just Because We Miss Pizza Week Already: Pizza-Stuffed MushroomsAugust 2, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
Getting a break from that pizza-streaked week is kinda tough, especially if you spent the entirety of last week writing, tasting, and looking at those fat-filled circles of glory. It’s the same feeling as parting with your last few days of camp, or wishing a movie would never end.
But life goes on, so here’s a little token from last week’s pizza euphoria: Pizza-Stuffed Mushrooms, which are tiny caps of gooey pizza goodness awaiting to be gobbled up by us human pigs.
The shitake mushrooms were stuffed silly with mozzarella, cream cheese, Luganega sausages, and some bell peppers to produce everyone’s well-loved pizza flavor within the tiny size of an edible toadstool.
These bite-sized pizza bombs will be a surefire hit on your dinner table, but best consumed alone, of course. Unless you want to wage a war between you and the people in your household.
Total Time: 45 minutes / Yield: 1-2 servings
Ingredients for the Mushrooms
- 12 pcs shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Ingredients for the Pizza Filling
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bell peppers
- Cream cheese
- Luganega sausage
- Sauté onions in oil.
- Add bell peppers and sauté for 1 minute.
- Turn off fire.
- Remove casing of sausage and transfer to bowl.
- Mix in sautéed onion and bell peppers, then mix in cream cheese.
- Mix until well combined. Fill mushroom caps.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Arrange in a foiled baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese has melted and a bit browned.
- Serve immediately.