Simple Frothy Latte: How to Froth Up your Latte with NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATESeptember 27, 2019
Every time I go to a coffee shop, my no-fail, no-frills order would have to be a latte. I love the potency of a shot of strong coffee, but sometimes I need it with just a little milk. Steamed milk and a strong brew is the kind of drink you just have to have on hectic work days, or to soothe your soul on any day. To make a latte at home that mimics that of your favorite coffee shop, sometimes all you need are the simplest ingredients, and here we use NESCAFÉ CLASSIC, with one tablespoon just enough to give you a kick of caffeine throughout the day. After all, sometimes simple can be special.
Once you’ve started to learn how to make your latte everyday however, it’s nice to change things up and learn a few new tricks to take your coffee experience at home even further. Why not try frothing up your latte, and create that beautiful head of foam you see from your favorite coffee shop to third-wave coffee joints? You can now take pleasure in having that creamiest airy froth on top of your simple latte, allowing you to indulge at home and leave yourself with a dairy moustache.
There are several ways to create that foam, using NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE as a sweeter dairy base. You can use a blender or a frother if you’ve got one at home, to create lightness. If not, even a simple microwave oven will do—just shake your NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE and hot water together in a mason jug to create that lovely creamy foam you once thought only baristas could achieve.
Simple Frothy Latte
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients: Simple Frothy Latte
- 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup or 12 tbsp NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE
- 1 tbsp NESCAFÉ CLASSIC
Procedure: Simple Frothy Latte
- In a blender, mix together hot water, NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE and coffee powder for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to glasses. Serve with sugar on the side.
- Frother: Dilute NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE in 1 1/2 cup hot water, froth for 30 seconds. Dilute coffee powder in 1/2 cup hot water. Pour frothed NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE over coffee.
- Microwave Oven: Divide water into 2. Dilute NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE in 1 cup hot water. Place in mason jar and shake until frothy, about 30 seconds. Microwave for 30 seconds to stabilize froth. Dilute coffee powder in 1 cup hot water. Pour frothed NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE over coffee.