Salted Caramel Nestlé® Crunch® TrufflesJanuary 1, 2019
- Mikka WeeWords
I remember watching an episode of Modern Family where Manny Delgado sprinkled a pinch of salt over his chocolate milk. His mother, Gloria, told him that salt actually helps bring out the flavor of sweets—especially chocolate. Anyone who tries our Salted Caramel Nestle® Crunch® Truffles, will be forced to admit that she’s right. The salt does make sweets taste better.
We’ve made a dessert that puts together two of the most frequently salted sweets: caramel and chocolate, and combined them into a simple yet sinful dessert.
These truffles are unlike any other you might have had before. The rice crispies from the Nestlé® Crunch® bar coupled with the rock salt brings out the distinct flavors of the caramel and the chocolate while adding a new exciting dimension of texture.
Salted Caramel Nestlé® Crunch® Truffles
Total Time: 90 minutes / Yield: 20 truffles
- 4 bars of Nestlé® Crunch®, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp dulce de leche (see recipe below)
- 1/8 tsp rock salt
Procedure for the Dulce de Leche
- Boil 1 can of condensed milk for 50 minutes.
- Cool down before opening the can.
Procedure for the Truffles
- In a double boiler, melt broken Nestlé® Crunch® pieces.
- While waiting for the chocolate to melt, mix together salt and dulce de leche in a separate bowl.
- Once chocolate is melted, fold in salted dulce de leche.
- Scoop mixture into balls, and place on a foil-lined tray.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the chiller.
- Eat chilled.