Take this KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel Popcorn on Your Adventurous Breaks!September 3, 2015
When you’re on your next adventure, it’s easy to forget to load up on snacks and keep yourself up and at ’em during the day. When you do, you’re probably stuck with more conventional snacks that don’t exactly excite you.
But if you’re adventurous, get of your comfort zone, get in the kitchen, and whip up this super easy snack to bring on your next road trip. Using KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel, this fully-loaded take on a movie house staple has both gooey and chewy textures of caramel, keeping you guessing at every moment. All you need to do is pop the kernels in the microwave, then create an ooey gooey sauce to pour all over, and add some crushed toffee for a crunch. Fold in your KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel while the whole thing is still hot; the KIT KAT ®’s inner layers become molten and add another depth of sweetness. So the next time you plan a trip, make sure to bring along a bag of this confection–it might just make the ride as sweet as your destination.
KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel Popcorn
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 bags microwave popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel, chopped
- Prepare two baking sheets lined with parchment and greased.
- Prepare microwave popcorn according to instructions on packet. Place in a large bowl.
- Place the sugar in the center of the pan and add water around the sides.
- Cook sugar until dissolved and until the caramel turns an Amber color.
- Pour about 1/4 of the mixture into the first baking sheet. Return caramel back to the heat.
- Add the butter to the caramel and stir in the pan until melted.
- Add the baking powder. The mixture will fizzle. Continue to stir until bubbles fade.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and mix until completely coated.
- Pour popcorn out into the second baking sheet. Allow popcorn to set for 30 minutes.
- Break popcorn into pieces and add back into a large bowl.
- Take the first KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel and break into small pieces.
- Add pieces of hard caramel and all of the chopped KIT KAT® Chunky Double Caramel to the popcorn.
- Mix to combine and serve.