Almost Better than Pizza: Prosciutto Garlic Pizza Dip with CrostiniSeptember 1, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
If you can’t get enough of pizza, then you’re gonna love this recipe.
Lately, we’ve been playing experimenting with new ways of eating our favorite food, and this Pizza Dip is more or less like a deconstructed pizza pie (why is it called pizza pie anyway?) on a party platter. Or a crossbreed of Chips & Dip and Pizza that isn’t Pizza-Flavored Potato Chips.
You can put your crazy hat on by adding all sorts of other ingredients such as pineapples, bell peppers, olives, salami, pepperoni, etc etc etc. We just wanted to keep it simple for this recipe, so we only used garlic and prosciutto bits. Okay, we kinda cheated and used garlic powder to amplify the garlic flavor. But hey, by using garlic powder, you need not worry about acquiring breath that’s powerful enough to drive Bella and Edward away.
We believe that a key contributor to the yumminess factor of this Pizza Dip is the brand of mayonnaise we used—Kewpie! I swear, you can never, ever go wrong with Japanese mayonnaise. It is, in fact, the only kind of mayo I could tolerate. The hints of the rich, eggy flavor can be tasted in each bite (and it goes surprisingly well). Dip a piece of crunchy Crostini into a piping, hot ramekin filled with the gooey stuff, and watch those cheesy strings unravel around your bread. Delicioso!
Prosciutto Garlic Pizza Dip with Crostini
Total Time: 40 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup pizza mix cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 small pack Prosciutto bits
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pack of Crostini slices
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Once the mixture is well-combined, transfer into ramekins.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top, add garlic slices, and sprinkle on the prosciutto bits and pizza mix cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the sides are bubbling, and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top. This takes about 20-25 minutes.
- Once done baking, place ramekin on a serving dish and add scatter Crostini slices around.
- Serve immediately.