Orange Creamsicle with Candied ThymeJuly 2, 2016
This recipe originally appeared in Tablecrafter, the world’s easiest way to learn food photography and styling.
This Orange Creamsicle boosts your Vitamin C and protein intake while combining the sweet-sour flavor of oranges and the unique tang of yogurt, but with a sophisticated depth lent by the thyme.
A welcome addition to this drink, thyme brings out a freshness in yogurt and enhances the sweetness of the orange. Orange, a member of the citrus family, stars in this smoothie tempered by the tart yogurt and warm, sweet thyme.
Orange Creamsicle with Candied Thyme Smoothie
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 35 mins (5 mins prep / 30 mins drying)
Ingredients: Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and roughly cut
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup ice
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp thyme syrup, see below
Ingredients: Candied Thyme
- 10–12 sprigs thyme
- ¼ cup sugar, plus more for coating
- ¼ cup water
Procedure: Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
- Garnish with candied thyme.
Procedure: Candied Thyme
- In a small saucepan, bring the thyme, sugar, and water to a simmer. Simmer for two minutes and strain. Keep the syrup for the smoothie.
- Dip and roll the thyme sprigs into granulated sugar until they are fully coated.
- Allow to dry on a rack or plate for at least 30 minutes, or until the sugar crystals are dry. Use immediately.