End Your Holiday Meals With This Guilt-Free DessertDecember 29, 2015
The holiday season is in full swing, and so is the endless indulgent eating that comes with it. It’s inevitable that the pounds may pile on, but moderation is key as always. Follow up your lechon and pancit with this delicious guilt-free dessert using Nestle Fruit Selection Yogurt.
In this spiced yogurt parfait, golden raisins give this take a sweet bite, and spices give this staple a refreshing new kick. Nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove add aromatic spice that’s warm, sweet, and herbal all at the same time. There is also a layer of creamy and fruity Nestle Fruit Selection Yogurt that contains live microorganisms that aid digestion. It’s low fat, too! So don’t fret too much about all your Christmas meals; this yogurt parfait will stop you from feeling too guilty.
Spiced Yogurt Parfait
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh assorted fruit
- 2 cups Nestle Fruit Selection Yogurt, Mixed Berries flavor
- Preheat oven to 325’F and line a flat tray with parchment paper or silicone sheet.
- Mix all ingrdients in a large bowl. Spread evently over tray.
- Bake for around 45 minutes to an hour, flipping over the granola every 10-12 minutes. Bake until golden and crisp.
- Cook completely and store in an airtight container.
- Spoon in a tablespoon or so or granola into a tall clear glass. Pour over yougurt, top with desired fruits. Repeat the process until the serving container is full.
- Chill and serve.