Easy Mango Sago Yogurt Pudding: Your New Favorite Summer TreatJune 11, 2019
Craving for mangoes during summer is a normal thing. But with mango season gone in a blink of an eye, we need to take advantage of this recipe while the mangoes are still at their sweetest.
Mango Sago is a popular dessert option in most Asian restaurants, so we thought of jazzing it up a bit by playing with the dessert’s texture. A bit of gelatin powder plus an extra burst of bright, mango flavor from the NESTLÉ Fruit Selection Yogurt Heavenly Mango worked wonders in this regard.
Bring a containerful of our Mango Sago Yogurt Pudding to the office and it makes for a refreshing treat when work gets daunting. Make this ahead of time and let it chill in the fridge until ready to consume. It’s the perfect excuse to leave your desk and head for your office pantry during your coffee break. We suggest you label your container to prevent your officemates from devouring this treat while you’re not looking.
Easy Mango Sago Yogurt Pudding
Total Time: 20 minutes + 2 hours (to chill)
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 cup NESTLÉ Fruit Selection Mango Yogurt
- 1/2 cup cooked mini sago
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1/2-1 tbsp gelatin powder (adjust according to the brand you’re using or until desired thickness is achieved)
- fresh mango cubes, for the topping
- Leave the NESTLÉ Fruit Selection Mango Yogurt out until it reaches room temperature.
- In a pan, melt the gelatin in the mango juice.
- Once the gelatin has melted, whisk in the room temperature yogurt and turn off the fire.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Divide the sago into 4 containers.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the sago.
- Chill until set, this will take about 2 hours.
- Top with the chopped mangoes.
- Serve cold.