Remember the marshmallow test? The one where a kid is given a marshmallow, but if he doesn’t eat it for a set amount of time, he gets another one? This is the ice cream equivalent, as the very first step to this recipe involves waiting for scoops of ice cream to freeze overnight.
While there’s no rule against sneaking in a few licks before shutting the freezer door, a sweeter reward awaits those with a higher EQ. Here’s a fun & quick recipe for a crisp and flaky layer wrapped around very cold and velvety cookie butter ice cream
The crunch into this dish reveals the icy scoop beneath it, with drizzles of chocolate and raspberry syrup on top to make you forget that you ever had to wait. Indulge and take the time to enjoy each spoonful. It’s worth it, promise.
So don’t wait for too long, get scooping and try this recipe out yourself.
NESTLÉ TEMPTATIONS Cookie Butter Ice Cream Tempura
Total Time: 5 minutes + overnight
Yield: 6 pieces
Ingredients: Ice Cream Tempura
- 1 tub NESTLÉ TEMPTATIONS Cookie Butter flavored ice cream
- 1 box tempura flour
- oil, for deep frying
- chocolate syrup
- raspberry glaze (1/4 cup raspberry jam diluted with 1 tbsp hot water)
Procedure: Ice Cream Tempura
- Prepare ice cream balls overnight: Scoop ice cream into balls with an ice cream scooper. Freeze overnight, uncovered.
- Prepare Tempura batter as directed in package, add 2 tbsp more per cup of water to make the batter thicker. Make sure the batter is cold throughout the cooking process. (Use ice water if needed.)
- Preheat oil for 375 degrees F.
- Dip each ice cream ball into the batter and deep fry for 30-50 seconds.
- Drizzle with more batter on top to resemble tempura crumbs.
- Immediately transfer to a plate lined with kitchen towel. Slice in half and arrange in plate.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and raspberry glaze and serve immediately.