Nestlé® Crunch® Panna Cotta Topped with Cream Cheese MousseDecember 19, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
Nowadays, the popularity of pairing chocolate with cheese rivals that of our childhood’s Mac n’ Cheese. We’re putting our own spin on this tandem, but with an added level of sophistication. We whipped up a Nestlé® Crunch® Panna Cotta and topped it with Cream Cheese Mousse.
A panna cotta is a delicate Italian dessert that translates to “cooked cream.” It’s a bit tricky to prepare. You don’t want it to get as firm as gelatin, but at the same time, not as creamy as pudding. The consistency should be somewhere in between.
A lot of chefs refer to panna cotta as “a blank canvas on which to paint flavor.” That’s exactly what we did with the help of Nestlé® Crunch®. The result was something truly special. The sweetness of the chocolate works perfectly with the tartness of the cream cheese, keeping this dessert light yet decadent. It’s a great way to mix in a bit of fun in your dessert while still keeping things classy.
Nestlé® Crunch® Panna Cotta Topped with Cream Cheese Mousse
Total Time: 30 minutes / Yield: 6-8 ramekins
Ingredients for the Panna Cotta
- 4 bars of Nestlé® Crunch®, broken into pieces
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packs Knox gelatin
- 1/3 cup milk
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Mousse
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup whipped cream
- Pinch of salt
Procedure for the Panna Cotta
- In a bowl, combine the milk and Knox gelatin. Let the gelatin bloom for 10 minutes, and then set it aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and sugar together.
- Once the cream mixture is warm enough, add in the broken pieces of Nestlé® Crunch®.
- Turn off the fire and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add in the bloomed gelatin and mix until well blended.
- Transfer to ramekins and allow to set in the chiller.
Procedure for the Cream Cheese Mousse
- Ensure all ingredients are chilled before making the mousse.
- Beat together the cream cheese and condensed milk until well combined.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream until everything is combined.
- Set aside in chiller until ready to use.
- Spoon the cream cheese mousse over the panna cotta.
- Serve chilled.