Nestlé® Crunch® Hot Chocolate StirrersDecember 20, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
Now, here’s a different way to enjoy hot chocolate: instead of simply adding the cocoa powder to the warm milk, why not try something a little more fun? Using solid chocolate on a stirrer is not only a visual treat (watching it disintegrate the second it hits the warm milk is pretty cool) but it also gives you a rich and yummy drink to enjoy.
I only know of a handful of coffee shops that carry hot chocolate stirrers, so we thought of developing a recipe so you can make your own and enjoy it at home. Using Nestlé® Crunch® just kicks things up an even higher notch as it provides an additional layer of texture not present in conventional chocolate milk.
This recipe is pretty straightforward and foolproof; it’s almost impossible to mess up. After melting a few Nestlé® Crunch® bars in a double boiler, simply spoon the melted chocolate into an ice cube tray. Insert one Popsicle stick for each cube.
Once mixed with your milk, one good idea is to add sugar or honey to adjust the sweetness to your personal preferences. A better one would be, however, to try it with our own Vanilla-Cinnamon Milk.
Nestlé® Crunch® Hot Chocolate Stirrers
Total Time: 15 minutes / Yield: 6 stirrers
- 2 bars of Nestlé® Crunch®, broken into pieces
- Warm milk (when serving)
- Popsicle sticks
- Ice tray
- Break chocolate into pieces.
- Melt the pieces in a double boiler.
- Once melted, cool for a while and then spoon over into an ice cube tray.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the melted chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge until set.
- Warm milk in a saucepan.
- Pop a chocolate stirrer from the ice tray.
- Dip the chocolate stirrer in the mug of warm milk until it melts. Enjoy.