Learn How to Prepare This Creamy Mushroom Rice That’s Perfect for This Rainy SeasonJuly 15, 2015
Imagine being stuck in your house on a rainy day, with the sound of thunder and raindrops pounding over your roof. What dish comes to mind to keep you warm and comfort you? A bowl of arroz caldo or goto, perhaps?
Well, let’s take that one step further and make a delicious pot of creamy mushroom rice instead, turning your usual rainy day comfort into an even more delightful dish. Try making this mushroom rice at home with NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream turning this into a creamy bowl of comfort that might even make you feel grateful for the rain.
Creamy Mushroom Rice
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pc chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 3 pcs dried shitake mushroom, soaked and sliced into strips
- 2 packs NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM 250ml
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cups japanese rice, boiled in water until puffed and cooked
- 1 cup short grain rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 200 grams chicken skin (optional)
Procedure: Creamy Mushroom Rice
- Melt butter in pan and sweat onions. Once onions are soft, add chicken pieces until it changes color.
- Add mushrooms, NESTLÉ ALL PURPOSE CREAM, and water. Add Japanese rice and white rice and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chicken skin as topping, if desired.
Procedure: Chicken Skin Topping (Optional)
- Clean chicken skin well and slice into 1 cm wide strips.
- Coat chicken skin in breading. Deep fry in preheated oil until crispy and golden brown.
- Set aside as topping.