Enjoy Two Comfort Drinks in a Cup with Our Matcha Hot White ChocolateFebruary 1, 2015
Cold weather is a rarity in the hot, crowded streets of Metro Manila until the new year kicks in. The cool wind gives us the perfect excuse and opportunity to enjoy warm drinks with the actual comfort, minus the usual sweat or desire to have it iced. But even a cup of cocoa and warm tea can get old: although the heat is quite comforting, we find ourselves wanting more warmth and a little more embrace from the flavor. So why not combine two dessert-slash-drink favorites in a warm cup of Matcha Hot Chocolate?
In this recipe, we make your go-to comfort drink of hot chocolate using white chocolate chips. The matcha powder dusted on top of the drink provides the right contrast to the chocolate’s sweetness, but feel free to add more according to your preference. This drink is also easy to prepare, and is perfect after a long day at work or while taking in this month’s gusts of cold wind.
Matcha Hot Chocolate
Total Time: 15 mins (5 mins prep, 10 mins cooking)
Yield: 2-3 servings, estimated
- 1/2 cup matcha powder (adjust according to brand)
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips/ chunks
- matcha powder, for dusting on top
- In a saucepan, simmer milk and matcha powder.
- Turn off fire and add in white chocolate.
- Sit for 1 minute, then stir until melted.
- Pour in mugs, dust with matcha powder on top. Serve.