Whenever we’d have Mac & Cheese at home—whether it’s the homemade kind or the boxed variety—I’d always want more of the cheese sauce. I mean, who wouldn’t? It is, after all, that luscious golden puddle that makes this dish an all-time favorite.
Today, we’re showing you how to turn that golden puddle into a golden pool with this recipe for Mac & Cheese Soup. A dream come true for cheese lovers indeed, this will definitely make you want to replace that bowl of sopas any given day.
Of course, you shouldn’t forget to lick the bowl clean afterwards.
Mac & Cheese Soup
Total Time: 30 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 3 cups cooked Macaroni
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a casserole, melt the butter add the flour until it sizzles.
- Add the chicken broth, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add the cream and ham.
- Simmer for a minute, then add the cheese until fully melted.
- Add in the cooked macaroni, season with salt and pepper, and then stir.