Lay’s Crusted Chicken Fingers: When Potato Chips and Fried Chicken Make Savory LoveNovember 13, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
This is what happens when two of the most beloved examples of food-to-eat-while-watching-the-big-game come together to make sweet, delicious love.
Imagine you’re eating some fried chicken. Awesome, I know. But we’re not yet done. Now, imagine that same chicken, but wrapped in a yummy crunchy crust of your favorite potato chip brand. It’s so good, you almost don’t care whether your team wins or loses. Even the chicken would rejoice at its junk food blanket, which sounds so wrong but tastes so perfectly right.
These Bounty Fresh Lay’s-Crusted Chicken Fingers are deep-fried with Japanese breadcrumbs to give it an additional flaky crisp. Eat it with a creamy kesong puti dip that’s spiced with just the right amount of garlic for that extra kick. It’s just like chips and dip, but better (and more filling).
Like Bounty Fresh on Facebook and follow Bounty Fresh on Twitter and on Instagram. Check out more of Bounty Fresh’s recipes in their Chicken Dish Collection.
Lay’s Crusted Chicken Fingers with Garlic-Kesong Puti Dip
Total Time: 15-20 minutes / Yield: 4-6 servings
Ingredients for the Lay’s-Crusted Chicken
- ½ kilo Bounty Fresh boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crushed Original Lays Potato Chips
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
Ingredients for the Garlic-Kesong Puti Dip
- 1 block kesong puti, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 head roasted garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a shallow bowl, place eggs and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, crushed potato chips and oregano. Mix well.
- Pat dry chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, dip into egg mixture and then cover with breadcrumb-potato chip mixture.
- Place on a lined sheet pan and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- For the dip, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and adjust seasoning according to desired taste. Serve with chicken.