Lasagna Dip with Eggplant Chips: A Deconstructed Eggplant ParmigianaSeptember 23, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
If you’re hankering for a piping hot ramekin of beefy, cheesy, tomato-ey goodness (or if you’re just looking for ways to reuse the leftover pasta sauce in the fridge), this Lasagna Dip is the answer to your prayers.
This dip has everything we love about lasagna—sans the pasta sheets. The vibrant tomato sauce provides a tangy base for the chunky beef and mushroom toppings, while the sharp cheddar cheese cuts through the richness of the cream cheese and the milky chewiness of the mozzarella.
Just as lasagna sauce improves everything you pour it on, this dip also works wonders with potato chips, corn chips, crackers, or whatever else floats your boat. Serve it with Eggplant Chips , and you’ve got yourself an instant, crunchier Eggplant Parmigiana.
Now that’s my kind of chips and dip!
Lasagna Dip (Inspired from Diethood)
Total Time: 30 minutes / Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup canned button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Eggplant Chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, bring the olive oil over medium heat, and add the sliced onion. Cook for 3 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and mushrooms, and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Continue to cook until the meat is browned.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Grease a round 8-inch baking dish with butter, and then spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread the meat mixture over the cream cheese, and top with the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm with a side of Eggplant Chips.