Make Avocado Toast Better with This Meaty Bacon SpreadDecember 6, 2015
Sometimes, when you’re in a hurry to get to work, you easily forget all about what you’re eating that day. Either you grab a half-decent sandwich made from leftovers, or end up eating something over-fried and greasy for lunch. But what if you could make something quick, and delicious to take to your office, that you could make in between your morning ritual?
We’ve teamed up with Lady’s Choice to create something that’s delicious, meaty, creamy and takes only minutes to prepare. This avocado smash open-faced sandwich is both healthy and decadent, combining mashed avocado with a quick-poached egg. Underneath it all, there’s Lady’s Choice Bacon Spread made with real bits of bacon, to add meaty, porky depth to the avocado smash. Lady’s Choice Meaty Spreads) comes in 4 flavors too, with ham, bacon, chicken or tuna, which adds a whole new dimension to your ordinary baon. All bets are on that you’ll be making this for your next workday.
Avocado Smash Open-Faced Sandwich
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 thick slices bread
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp Lady’s Choice Meaty Spreads Bacon
- 2 eggs, poached
- Toast the bread until golden.
- While the bread is toasting, roughly chop the avocado and put it into a bowl.
- Add the parsley, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the avocado and mix until combined.
- Remove the bread from the toaster and spread 3 tbsp Lady’s Choice Meaty Spreads Bacon on each piece.
- Top with the avocado and then finish with the poached egg.