You Can Make a Delicious Lamb Meatball Curry with Instant Ginataang Gulay MixNovember 10, 2019
Curry is undeniably complex to make. While the many components that go into curry intimidates beginners, curry can be made more straightforward and simple without having to compromise its rich flavors. For this Lamb Meatball Curry recipe, it can be made in a little under an hour from scratch with the use of one pan, thanks to Knorr’s Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix. Cooking delicious food at home hasn’t been easier. It’s also a versatile recipe, as you can cook the curry until it reaches a desired thickness, swap out the lamb for beef, or even add your own desired spices and herbs to taste.
What comes out of it is a dish that will surely impress your guests and friends when served at the next gathering or party, or replicate the warmth of a stew you’d cook at home with family. Level up your cooking skills, give it a try, and have fun.
Lamb Meatball Curry
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients: Lamb Meatballs
- 500 grams ground lamb
- 100 grams grated onion (squeeze out juice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 cup butter, for frying meatballs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pc red onion, small dice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix diluted in 1 cup water
- sliced leeks, for garnish
Procedure: Lamb Meatball Curry
- For the meatballs combine the lamb, salt, pepper, onion and cumin powder. Make sure to mix well.
- Form into teaspoonful size balls, this recipe will produce 48 pieces (4 dozens). Store in the chiller until ready to use.
- Melt butter in a pan. Fry meatballs until browned on all sides. Set them aside.
- In the same pan with the butter and oil from the meatballs, sauté garlic and onion for 1 minute. Add in curry paste and tomato paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes until aromatic.
- Add in Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix diluted in water. Wait for it to boil.
- When boiling, add back pan fried meatballs and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until the curry is thick.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with leeks. Serve.