Our refrigerators always go through this inevitable phase: a few meat pieces are lying in the freezer, begging to be cooked during a time you’re extra hungry but still picky about your taste. Even your vegetable bin is working against you and the cupboard only has staples like Knorr seasoning, rice vinegar, and maybe some sesame oil.
Thankfully we’ve found a way for you to turn things around. Our Knorr Fatty Beef Yakiniku lets you enjoy the savory taste of that familiar seasoning while saving you the hassle of a long cooking process. The only “tedious” part of this recipe is combining the marinade ingredients, making this easy and hassle-free Japanese cooking at home. After that, all you need to do is cook the beef in it and you’re free to enjoy that easy to make yakiniku with a bowl of steaming white rice.
Fatty Beef Yakiniku
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients: Knorr Fatty Beef Yakiniku
- 500 grams beef short plate, sukiyaki cut
- oil, for cooking
- spring onion, chopped for garnish
Ingredients: Yakiniku Marinade
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup pear, grated
Procedure: Yakiniku Marinade
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Set aside.
Procedure: Knorr Fatty Beef Yakiniku
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Dip each slice of beef in marinade and pan fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat for the rest of the beef.
- Transfer to serving plate.
- Serve warm.
Tip: Best eaten with steamed Japanese rice.