Cookies are an iconic sweet that isn’t just for dessert. They are an ideal snack, with so many versions that it’s hard to truly pick a favorite. There’s the essential chocolate chip, the standard oatmeal, and more adventurous flavours, from everything to red velvet or coconut and macadamia. As the perfect base, cookie dough can easily be transformed into anything amazing—hence our KIT KAT® Cookie.
The KIT KAT® Cookie is definitely playful. It’s chock full of different KIT KAT® bars: KIT KAT® Chunky Milk Chocolate, KIT KAT® Chunky White, and KIT KAT® Chunky Peanut Butter. Baking all of these awesome bars into one cookie creates a chunky, chewy treat, with the crispy wafer adding even more texture. Each KIT KAT® flavor brings something to the table: the original brings the essential milk chocolate flavor that chocolate chips would, white adds the sweetness and smoothness, and peanut butter finishes it with a necessary salty and nutty note.
As if this weren’t enough, we’ve made the KIT KAT® Cookies into the most outrageous of cookie sandwiches, by placing a huge scoop of ice cream in between two perfectly-baked pieces. You can use any flavor—from vanilla to chocolate—and create your own mix. Roll the sides into crushed up KIT KAT® pieces, and you’ve got an incredibly indulgent treat.
KIT KAT® Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8-10 large sandwiches, estimated
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 KIT KAT® Chunky Milk Chocolate
- 1 KIT KAT® Chunky White
- 1 KIT KAT® Chunky Peanut Butter
- NESTLÉ ice cream, flavor of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop KIT KAT® bars into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer, cream together butter, both sugars, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredient mixture on slow speed until incorporated.
- Fold in KIT KAT® pieces by hand.
- Scoop dough onto a lined baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.
- Scoop ice cream onto bottom of one cookie.
- Top with another cookie.
- Roll sides in crushed KIT KAT® if desired
- Eat immediately or place in freezer until ready.