This KIT KAT® Bundt Cake Leaves No Room for LeftoversDecember 9, 2014
When the holidays roll out, Bundt cake becomes an ever-present sight on the dining table. Leave it to distant and busy relatives to grab some of the store-bought stuff at Santis before heading to your annual Noche Buena—and have several lined up before the clock strikes 12, only to see them unopened in the fridge the morning after.
Our recipe for KIT KAT® Bundt Cake adds a playful touch to this rounded holiday cake with chunks of the distinct chocolate wafer ready to surprise in every bite. Known for its fluted edges and hole in the middle, this version will surely be the talk of the holidays, it won’t even make it to the fridge.
KIT KAT® Bundt Cake
Total Time: 60 minutes | Yield: 6-8 servings
Ingredients: Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 bars of KIT KAT® 4 Fingers
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- candied cherries (optional)
Procedure: Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Grease bundt pan very well with shortening.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, and water. Place over a medium heat and cook until just melted and combined. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking soda. Add the butter mixture in two additions, stirring until completely combined each time.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well blended. Whisk in the sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread half of the mixture into a bundt pan. Layer the KIT KAT® bars evenly over the mix. Top off with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out.
- Invert the cake onto a rack and let cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze. Combine the powdered sugar and milk. The consistency should be thick and not too runny.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bundt cake. Leave as is or decorate with candied cherries.