These Crunchy, Spicy Wings Are Crusted With Cheetos!September 22, 2015
Last week, we took simple, healthy oatmeal, and turned it into an artery-clogging bowl of bacon-topped oats…with lots of cheese. Well this time, we scrapped the whole healthy-to-unhealthy, and went for fatty-to-fattier: deep-fried Jalapeño Cheetos-crusted chicken wings.
Don’t let the orange throw you off, the wings come out crispy and surprisingly flavourful with just the right level of saltiness, if that was what you were worried about. One wing will leave you hankering for more, as well as fingertips with artificial cheesy remnants.
Jalapeño Cheetos-Crusted Chicken Wings
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag Jalapeño Cheetos, crushed until fine
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Pat the chicken wings dry.
- Mix the milk and ranch dressing until combined.
- Place the chicken in the ranch and milk mixture until well coated.
- Take each wing and let the excess ranch drip off.
- Drop each wing into the Jalapeño Cheeto crumbs and coat all the sides well.
- Place the chicken on top of a rack over a baking tray.
- Continue until all the chicken is breaded.
- Place the chicken in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the oven up to 400F and let the chicken brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.