Go Thai Today: Basil Chicken with Coconut Curry SauceAugust 2, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
Guess what? The long weekend’s over, and if all you want to do is to dive your mouth into a bowl of comforting curry, then this dish is what you need to kick start your week—Thai style.
With the chilly December winds blowing our way, nothing soothes the soul best than a spiced up serving of delicious coconut curry. And of course, let’s not forget the joy of biting into a juicy piece of basil chicken.
This dish will make you want to cradle a whole pot of it in your arms. Pair it with pandan rice and maybe some of this Mint Green Tea, and you’ve got an unmatched Asian meal that’ll make you look forward to the days ahead. Extra rice is highly encouraged.
Basil Chicken with Coconut Curry Sauce
Total Time: 20 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1/4 kg chicken breast, cubed
- 8 big leaves basil, chiffonade
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 + 2 tbsp curry powder (we used Ayam brand)
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed bell pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3-4 tbsp fish sauce
- Marinate cubed chicken breast in salt pepper and 1 tbsp curry powder for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan, sauté ginger, garlic, onions, and bell pepper.
- Add coconut cream and curry powder.
- Add chicken and cook until it turns white.
- Add coconut cream and water. Boil for 3 minutes and season with fish sauce.
- Boil for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and add basil. Mix with the curry.
- Season to taste. Serve with rice.