- 500g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g (about 1 cup) heavy cream
This Easy Chocolate Mousse Is Made for Lazy Sweet-Tooths with Limited IngredientsMay 10, 2020
So it’s Mother’s Day. You’re probably here because you’re looking for a recipe to make your mom’s day extra special. Well, we’ve got a bunch of stuff that’ll surely wow her. But what if you’re not as well-versed in the kitchen as you’d like (or what if you don’t have a lot of stuff in the pantry)? Well then, you’ve come to the right place. This easy chocolate mousse doesn’t have the word “easy” in its title for nothing.
Now, it has to be said that chocolate mousse isn’t traditionally made this way. So you can call this a sort of “hack.” But the result is just as light and delicious. Our recipe only needs—brace yourself—two ingredients. And it doesn’t take a lot of work. You don’t even have to cook anything! (Though, you do need a food processor or blender to make everything come together.) You’ve got a few hours left before the day ends, so grab everything you need, and surprise mom with dessert and some love.
Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Serves: 6-8 people
- Active time: 40 mins
- Total time: 40 mins + overnight
- Difficulty: Easy
- Special tools: Food processor or blender
- Place chopped chocolate into a large bowl.
- Place cream into a microwave safe container and heat until very warm but not boiling.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate then cover bowl with a lid or plate. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir chocolate and cream until completely smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to make the mousse, remove chocolate mixture from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes or until soft enough to scoop.
- Place mixture into a food processor or blender then whip on medium-high speed until very light and smooth.
- Serve with plain or with any desired toppings.