We’ll Teach You a Short Cut Recipe for Korean Short Ribs Using Del Monte Quick N EasyOctober 28, 2014
Korean food has become so ubiquitous these days, and a Korean food revolution has been making its way across the globe. Whether traditional or modern, the flavors seem to be universally loved. There is spicy, like the sour piquantness of kimchi; salty, like crabs fermented in soy sauce, and sweet, like Bulgogi or cold soybean noodles. One of the most famous dishes of the cuisine however, still remains to be Korean barbecue, which is a versatile staple that lends itself well to so many preparations. You can have slices of fatty pork belly, muscley short rib, or lean flank steak, just as long as you have the perfect marinade to go with it.
You don’t necessarily need to go to the Korean grocery to gather the ingredients for a Korean marinade; you just need to look at your regular grocery aisle. All you need is a pack of Del Monte Quick n Easy BBQ Marinade because it already has all the components of your basic BBQ sauce, making it perfect as a base for your Korean marinade. BBQ sauces are usually painstaking to make, a complex mix of spices, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, sugar, and other components, using this packet will cut your cooking and marinating time by half, without cutting the flavor too.
Doctor the sauce a little bit by adding some sesame oil and a few other components, to mimic the Korean taste which has become so loved around the world. All these are available in your local supermarket, so you can easily impress anyone with your skills in creating a marinade you can call your own. Now all you need is some kimchi and a bowl of steaming hot rice.
Korean Short Ribs
Total Time: 15 minutes + overnight
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients: Korean Short Ribs
- 1 kg beef short ribs (1/2” thick cut)
- 1 pack Del Monte Quick n Easy BBQ Marinade.
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 3 tbsp sake
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- sesame oil, for grilling
- kimchi, optional side dish
- pickled cucumber, optional side dish
Procedure: Korean Short Ribs
- Mix Del Monte Quick n Easy BBQ Marinade,mirin, sake, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Marinate beef short ribs in the mixture at least overnight.
- Preheat griller, brush with sesame oil.
- When already hot, grill marinated beef short ribs about 2-3 minutes per side. Make sure not to overcook the beef.
- Serve with kimchi and pickled cucumber as side dishes.