Try Our Creamy Turon Pudding Recipe for Merienda This SummerMay 17, 2015
Most people, from our grandparents to our friends (and even our siblings), have a nostalgic spot for turon. Almost everyone has a memory attached to this classic Filipino snack.
Putting a modern spin to this easy-to-eat, finger-food staple will bring you back to the good old days while you enjoy a fresh and modern twist. This restaurant-worthy Creamy Turon Pudding brings out the essence of burnt caramel, sweet saba and langka without compromising the crispness of the lumpia wrapper. Try this creamy, silky pudding that’s great for merienda on a summer’s day.
Creamy Turon Pudding
Total Time: 10 minutes (plus overnight)
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 pcs saging na saba, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM
- 1-2 tbsp gelatin powder, bloomed in 2-4 tbsp water
- sweetened langka, for topping
- fried lumpia wrapper strips, for topping
- mint leaves, for garnish
Procedure: Creamy Turon Pudding
- Caramelize sugar in a pan until golden brown.
- Add water and saging na saba. Boil until saba is cooked and water is reduced to half.
- Add milk, NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM, and bloomed gelatin. Heat before boiling.
- Transfer to blender and puree.
- Transfer to cups and chill overnight. Top with langka strips and crispy lumpia wrappers. Garnish with mint leaves.