A Different Way to Enjoy Your Beef: Creamy Steak Salad with Horseradish DressingDecember 17, 2019
Salads are one of the quickest dishes to prepare for a party, but with the right combination of ingredients, it can easily become the dinner’s tastiest meal. A steak salad offers both satisfaction and convenience in its preparation and flavorful result. In this recipe, we give you a steak salad that serves just enough seasoned meat with the sweetness of stewed apple. And to cap it off, we added a horseradish dressing made creamier with the help of Nestlé All Purpose Cream to create that balance to this meal.
The addition of the horseradish dressing, with its savory, and sour flavors uniquely contrast and balance each other out in just one dish. You can also easily prepare this salad with a few tenderloin pieces in your freezer and any produce that’s still in your refrigerator. The dish also makes for a quick, filling, and flavorful meal that you can prepare as a solo dish or for serving to a small group during more intimate dinners.
Creamy Steak Salad with Horseradish Dressing
Total Time: 30 minutes | Yield: 3
Ingredients: Steak Salad
- 4 cups arugula
- 3 slices tenderloin steak, seasoned & grilled
- 1-2 tbsp pine nuts
- 3-4 tbsp stewed apples
Ingredients: Stewed Apples
- 1 pc red apple, cored & cubed
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
Procedure: Stewed Apples
- Put all ingredients in a pot. Boil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until apples are soft and mixture is syrupy.
- Set aside to cool.
Ingredients: Horseradish Dressing
- 1 pack NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream 250ml
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 1 tbsp american mustard
- 1 tbsp grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
Procedure: Steak Salad and Horseradish Dressing
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Set aside in the chiller until ready to use.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and cook in a cast iron pan for 1-2 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Divide arugula into 3 bowls. Top with sliced cooked steak. Scatter stewed apples around the steak. Drizzle with horseradish dressing and top with pine nuts. Serve.