Add a Tropical Twist to Your Leche Flan with This Creamy Lime-Coconut Flan RecipeMay 1, 2020
Probably everyone’s dessert of choice at a fiesta is the famous leche flan. Why not turn things up a notch by adding ingredients that would make the flavors just a little more festive?
Desiccated coconut to give a nutty texture, lime to add the just-right tartness to balance the taste, and NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream to help make this dessert creamier and more delightful. Ah, it’s a serious fiesta for the senses!
Creamy Lime-Coconut Flan
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10 small flans
- 10 yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packs NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM 250ml
- 1/2 cup water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3-1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- zest of 4 limes (for best results, we recommend using a Microplane zester)
- toasted coconut, topping
- 1 cup white sugar, caramelised for bottom of llanera (flan tray)
- Whisk together yolks and whole eggs. Add condensed milk and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add NESTLÉ ALL PURPOSE CREAM, water and lime juice. Fold in desiccated coconut. Fold in lime zest.
- Caramelize sugar in pan until golden brown.
- Distribute into 10 individual llaneras. Add flan mixture, cover with foil and steam for 25-30 minutes on low heat.
- Alternatively, you can bake it in a bain marie in 300 degrees F oven for 25-40 minutes.
Set aside to cool. Refrigerate to firm.