- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 5-6 red chili, minced
- 1/2 cup crab fat
This Crab Fat Chili Oil Will Bring a Whole New Dimension to Whatever You Put It OnJuly 4, 2020
Move over chili garlic. (Just kidding, we love that stuff.) We’ve found a new condiment to bring to the table—literally. This easy crab fat chili oil only uses three ingredients, But together, they add a rich, brine-y flavor to whatever you’re topping it on (or cooking it with).
We recommend putting it over dim sum, or maybe even some slices of meat. If you’re not using it right after making it, store it in the fridge, then just heat it up a little before using. Pro-tip: if you don’t want to go through all the chili slicing and oil heating, this recipe can be simplified even more. Just mix store bought chili oil and aligue in the given amounts.
Crab Fat Chili Oil
- Serves: 2-4 people
- Active time: 30 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Place crab fat in a large heatproof bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan off the heat, add oil and chilies.
- Place over a low heat and cook slowly until chili begins to darken and sizzle, and oil begins to color.
- Remove from heat and pour hot oil over the crab fat. (Be careful, this will sizzle.)
- Stir immediately until we’ll combined then let cool completely before storing/using.