- 6 eggs, whisked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can corned beef, cooked until slightly crisp (380g)
Corned Beef Tortilla Española under PHP200: A New Way to Have Corned Beef in the MorningDecember 11, 2019
Omelets make for some of the best breakfasts. The dish is so versatile—you can customize it as you like; and there are thousands of versions from around the world. In Spain, they have it as tortilla española, which is basically a potato omelet. We’re making it for this episode of Under PHP200. But as a twist, we’re adding another Filipino breakfast staple: corned beef.
It’s imperative that you season your eggs and potatoes really well. Or else, you’ll end up with a dish that tastes like nothing. Feel free to pour hot sauce of your choice over your slice. This recipe has everything you need to have a powerful start to your day. Potatoes, check. Eggs, check. Meat, check. You can even throw in some cheese in there.
- Serves: 2 people
- Active time: 45 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a 6-8 inch skillet over low heat, add add the potatoes and the onion.
- Pour over the oil and gently cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Top the cooked potato and onion mixture with the cooked corned beef, then pour over the eggs.
- Spread the mixture out evenly.
- Place into the preheated oven and let bake until the top of the frittata is set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.