Condensed Milk Cookies: Perfect with a Cup of TeaOctober 9, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
When we think of creating a sweet treat using condensed milk, the top of mind desserts that enter our brains are Yema or Dulce de Leche. Today’s recipe is a different and simpler take on the sweetened canned milk—Condensed Milk Cookies that are a no-brainer to prepare.
Unlike baking your regular cookies, which require a lot precision and an assortment of ingredients, these ones require only a handful, and they’re very easy to make. Using condensed milk already cuts down on the ingredients and measuring since it packs all the sweetness these cookies need, saving you from the hassle of measuring parts of white and brown sugar just to get the right sweetness level.
If you’re looking for a cookie that’s soft and chewy, you won’t find it here. These Condensed Milk Cookies have a consistency that’s comparable to Russian Tea Cookies. Safe to say, it would be the perfect snack with your cup of black coffee or tea.
We made two different kinds of Condensed Milk Cookies—chocolate chip and plain. Obviously, we just removed the chocolate chips from the latter, making them less sweet. They’re light and powdery in texture, and guess what? They take less than 20 minutes to make. So the next time you have the urge to pop something into the oven and happen to have a can of condensed milk at bay, you know what to do.
Condensed Milk Cookies (Inspired from Jen’s Favorite Cookies)
Total Time: 20 minutes / Yield: 3 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Mix butter, condensed milk, and vanilla extract together.
- Add salt, baking powder, and flour. Mix until well-combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with freshly steeped tea or brewed coffee.
- If you want to create a batch without the chocolate chips as we did, divide the mixture in half before proceeding to step 3 and use only ½ cup of chocolate chips.