These Coffee Biscoff Bars are the Perfect Match for You and Your ValentineFebruary 11, 2015
Everyone associates Valentine’s Day with chocolate. The holiday has become synonymous with the sweet treat- it’s now customary to shower your loved ones and significant others with not just flowers but chocolates, truffles, and candies. People flock to stores scrambling to find a last minute gift, and chocolates, no matter what shape and size, always do the trick. But this year, why not plan ahead and surprise someone by making your gift? And no, we’re not talking about an easy mixtape, or a kindergarten cut-out card- make those chocolates yourself! Serve up a box of these easy-to-make homemade goodies, and you’ll easily win your partner over, and have them all loved up for the season.
Instead of making the omnipresent chocolate truffle, show off by creating a Coffee Biscoff Bar. Lotus Biscoff was responsible for that delicious and trendy Speculoos trend that sweet tooths just couldn’t get enough of. They’re even better in biscuit form, when all the spiced goodness of Speculoos stands out. Coffee is another perfect Valentine’s pairing, perking you up for the exciting, sweet day you have ahead. Adding it to the chocolate creates a dense, creamy mocha fudge to pair perfectly well with the Speculoos biscuit, highlighting all its sugary notes. You can add walnuts or any nuts to this mix, but if you’re looking for more decadence, you can eliminate them completely. Set overnight, cover in a dark chocolate drizzle, and you’ve got that perfect gift for that special someone. This will definitely woo them into sweet submission.
Coffee Biscoff Bars
Total time: 3 hours and 10 mins
Yield: 3 dozens
Ingredients: Mocha Fudge
- 3 cups white chocolate callets
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 tbsp coffee, dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup walnuts (or any choice of nuts), chopped
Procedure: Mocha Fudge
- Heat together milk and coffee. Once boiling, turn off fire and add in white chocolate.
- Leave for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted in.
- Transfer to a lined 9×12 baking tray. Chill for at least 2 hours or better overnight until firm.
Ingredients: Lotus Biscuits
- 36 pcs Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- 3-4 cups dark chocolate chips, for coating
Procedure: Lotus Biscuits
- Make mocha fudge in advance. Cut into same size of biscuit.
- Press down on biscuit. Repeat for the rest of the fudge. Keep in the chiller until ready to coat with chocolate.
- In a double boiler, melt dark chocolate chips. Coat each fudge-biscuit with chocolate.
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet. Chill until firm. Transfer to air tight container.