Coca-Cola Rum-Spiced Ribs: A Great Way to Try Getting Drunk on PorkMay 31, 2019
Who says you can’t have Rum-Coke on an empty stomach?
This is a glaze more commonly found on chicken wings, but Sabrina Artadi instead decided to apply it to ribs—and we think it worked pretty darn well.
All you need to do is spike your Coca-Cola with a hint of rum, get your skillet running hot, and proceed to fire up a batch of these delicious ribs. And the best thing about it? You can down the leftover rum and coke for a pleasant buzz while you cook.
Coca-Cola Rum Spiced Ribs by Sabrina Artadi
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings, estimated
- 1 1/2 to 2 kilos pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 cup Coca-Cola (or any soda)
- 1/2 cup McCormick Prepared Mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Rosemary Leaves
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Tarragon Leaves
- a dash of McCormick Thyme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- black pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- parsley or other fresh herbs
- Lay the pork spareribs in a Pyrex dish. Pour the Coca-Cola, rum, soy sauce, McCormick Rosemary, McCormick Tarragon, McCormick Thyme, black pepper, honey, minced garlic, McCormick Prepared Mustard, and catsup. Mix everything together and massage into the pork.
- Preheat the oven at 250oC. Bake the ribs for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. You may opt to put foil over the meat to prevent the surface from burning but be sure to remove the foil in the last four minutes of baking.
- Transfer the ribs to a clean dish and garnish with parsley or other fresh herbs.
- Serve and enjoy!