Fit for a King: Chuvaness’ Bone Marrow with Roasted Bone Marrow Butter Pasta and ArugulaAugust 19, 2018
- Mikka WeeWords
Last year, we were lucky enough to meet Cecile Van Straten, the highly esteemed woman behind one of the country’s top blogs, Chuvaness.com. We thought that it would be cool do a food feature collaboration with her, so together, we created this rich and fatty Bone Marrow recipe with Paprika and Torched Sugar on top (just like a crème brûlée), coupled with a Roasted Garlic Bone Marrow Butter Pasta Tossed with Arugula, and classic Coca-Cola.
The science behind this recipe is that it draws from some of Cecile’s favorite food items such as bone marrow (she just loves the stuff so much), bread crumbs, lemon, a simple garlic and olive oil pasta, and her favorite beverage, Coca-Cola. She specified that the bone marrow should be perfectly golden brown, too. And that’s precisely what we did.
We’ve done a bone marrow recipe before, and we can’t even begin to stress how much of a standout ingredient it is. It’s definitely not something you just serve on the side, or throw on a plate like any other beef cuts. There are various ways to enjoy this beautiful gelatinous dish. We paired it with an Apple and Pear confit in our first attempt, but you can also try serving it with a salad, or try smothering it with something sharp-tasting, like Blue Cheese, before popping it into oven. You can also go marrow-wild and make a separate pasta siding using a Roasted Bone Marrow Butter Sauce tossed with Arugula, which we will teach you how to prepare below.
The only rule to enjoying this dish is don’t go counting calories and cholesterol levels. Simply allow the bone barrow to melt in your mouth as you follow it up with forkfuls of the bone marrow pasta with that bitter Arugula bite. All this chased down by a cold, fizzy glass of Coca-Cola, and you’ll feel as if the stars have aligned to your favor. Bon Appétit!
Chuvaness Bone Marrow with Arugula Pasta Salad
Total Time: 60 minutes / Yield: 2-3 servings
Ingredients for the Bone Marrow
- 1 pc bone marrow sliced lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp sugar, for topping
Ingredients for the Roasted Bone Marrow Butter Pasta with Arugula
- 2 cups cooked parpadelle pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cubed marrow
- 2 tbsp sliced garlic
- 2 tbsp cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup arugula
Procedure for the Roasted Bone Marrow
- Arrange bone marrow (marrow side up) on a foiled tray.
- Season heavily with salt (very important), pepper, and paprika.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a 350F degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with sugar and torch until sugar caramelizes. (If you don’t have a torch, you can put it under the broiler until the sugar melts and caramelizes).
- Set aside.
Procedure for the Roasted Bone Marrow Butter Pasta with Arugula
- Heat oil and butter in pan and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in marrow cubes and panfry until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in cream and toss in the pasta.
- Turn off fire and toss in arugula leaves.
- Serve immediately with bone marrow.