Our Chocolate-Covered Christmas Bark Spreads Holiday Cheer Sans Christmas TreeFebruary 24, 2019
Whether you’ve been naughty or nice this year, here’s a treat that even Santa won’t be able to resist—Graham Cracker Christmas Bark made with melted chocolate and garnished with an assortment of colorful toppings.
We used Caramel, Peppermint, and Candy Sprinkle toppings to add more variety to our Christmas Bark compared to your normal holiday cookies. There’s Caramel for those who really like their sweets, Candy Sprinkles for those who want a little bit more color, and Peppermint for those who forgot to brush their teeth like its cool heat.
Using M.Y. San Graham Crackers as the base for the bark, we melted some chocolate, both dark and white, and used it to coat each square before adding the toppings. The bitter notes of cocoa in the dark chocolate help even out the sweetness of the toppings, making this treat not only pretty to look at, but also something that’ll be hard to put down.
Chocolate Covered Graham Cracker Christmas Bark
Total Time: 35 minutes | Yield: 36 squares
- 12 pcs M.Y. San Graham Crackers Honey Flavor (divided into 3 along the dotted lines)
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- 100g white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candy
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate
- ¼ cup candy sprinkles
- Caramel sauce (store-bought or check out our homemade recipe at the bottom of the article)
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in and the white chocolate in two separate double boilers.
- As you wait for the chocolates to melt, prepare a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once the dark and white chocolates have melted, keep them warm by leaving them on top of the double boiler, but with the heat turned off. The hot water at the bottom should keep their temperature steady.
- Dip each M.Y. San Graham Cracker square in the chocolate (24 in the dark chocolate, 12 in the white chocolate).
- Allow the excess chocolate to drip before transferring them to the tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once all the M.Y. San Graham Cracker squares have been coated with chocolate, garnish 12 of the ones covered in dark chocolate with white chocolate and crushed peppermint candy.
- For the other 12 M.Y. San Graham Cracker squares covered with dark chocolate, use caramel sauce.
- Scatter rainbow candy sprinkles on top of the white chocolate covered M.Y. San Graham Cracker squares.
- Keep the Chocolate-covered Graham Christmas Tree Bark in the chiller until ready to serve.