Our Chicken Gorgonzola Pizza is Here to Declare War on Your DietMarch 7, 2019
There are days when you just want to stuff your face with everything that’s bad for you—fried chicken skin, bags of potato chips, cheese poppers, pizza, onion rings, fries, basically anything that your mother would’ve never let you eat for breakfast when you were a kid.
And on those days (which, let’s be honest, would be every single day if heart disease and the beach didn’t exist), I can’t help but daydream about sinking my teeth into something greasy and filled with cholesterol.
This Chicken Gorgonzola Pizza satisfies that craving perfectly. The creamy dairy, juicy Bounty Fresh Chicken, and fresh herbs provide a play on textures and flavors that will more than meet your expectations. It’s packed with caramelized onions, sprinkled with shoestring potato chips, and topped with julienned basil. Weight watchers, you have been warned.
Chicken Gorgonzola Pizza with Potato Chips, Caramelized Onions, and Fresh Basil
Total Time: 45 minutes | Yield: 4 pizzas
Ingredients for the Pizza
- 4 pcs medium-sized pizza crust (store-bought)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated cheese for the pizza (mix of mozzarella and gruyere)
- 200g marinated Bounty Fresh Chicken Breast, cut into strips (see recipe below)
- ½ cup Gorgonzola
- ¾ cup caramelized onions
- Grated potatoes, deep-fried until crispy
- Bunch of basil, cut chiffonade
Ingredients for the Marinated Chicken
- 200g Bounty Fresh Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken in salt, pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
- While the chicken is marinating, start assembling the pizza by spreading the heavy cream on the crust and seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Top the pizza with grated cheese and the marinated chicken strips.
- Scatter the gorgonzola cheese and caramelized onions over the top. Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 450° Fahrenheit for 12 minutes or until toasted and the cheese melts and bubbles.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, and top with the crispy potatoes and fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.