Chicken and Fish Yogurt Curry: A Recipe by a Former Beauty QueenMay 21, 2019
Curry is a fine choice if you’re looking for something relatively easy to make, that at the same time is bolstered with a healthy dose of aromatics and spice. Also, since it’s that time of the year again when we all try to eat lean and clean to get rid of our muffin tops before heading to the beach, fish and chicken are our preferred proteins for this recipe.
Curry is a great way to show off a medley of savory and peppery flavors with a funky kick. This dish is best served with freshly steamed fragrant jasmine rice (or quinoa if you’re going hardcore with the health thing).
Authentic curry might need a lot more than thirty minutes to prepare, but McCormick’s Curry Powder instantly speeds up the process without compromising the flavor. Their Turmeric and Cayenne brighten up this dish in a snap, while the dash of yogurt makes for a nice refresher amidst all the strong spices.
This Chicken and Fish Curry recipe was developed by Sabrina Artadi, former Binibining Pilipinas-International, fashion designer, and full-time mom. She now hosts her own cooking show entitled Sabrina’s Kitchen on the Lifestyle Network.
Bursting with bold bohemian flavors, her recipes take cues from the rich and earthy flavors of Mediterranean cuisine to the savory and rustic palate of classic Filipino fare. Much like her free-spirited personality, Sabrina’s recipes are fun and innovative, using only the best homegrown ingredients from suppliers she trusts. Her latest venture is her way of encouraging people to head to their kitchens more and cook fuss-free yet exquisite dishes for their family and friends.
Chicken and Fish Curry Yogurt
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings, estimated
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 3-4 cups chicken fillet, cubed
- 2 cups cream dory, cubed
- 1/2 tsp McCormick cayenne
- 1 tsp McCormick turmeric
- 3 tbsp McCormick curry powder
- 1/2 cup red and green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the mushrooms, chicken, and fish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Throw in the turmeric and curry powder. Add all the red and green bell peppers. Lessen the amount of cayenne if you want less heat.
- After 5 minutes of sautéing, add the yogurt. Let it cook for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the contents to a serving dish. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve warm with rice, pita bread, or quinoa.